The requirements are:
- A desktop/laptop computer (PC/Mac), please do not use mobile devices.
- A microphone and a web camera. You can verify they work at https://knitplaces.com/webcam-test.
- You should be able to see yourself once you enter, and when you press the arrow next to the microphone icon, the green bars should move when you speak. If your camera doesn’t work, please close any other apps (e.g Zoom) that might be using your webcam.
- If you’re having difficulties giving Knit permission to use your webcam, try disabling your antivirus and firewall software.
- The more people you’re using Knit with, the more important your hardware and Internet connection become. If you expect to meet with many people, it’s a good idea to make sure you’re using a modern device and strong Wi-Fi.
- We recommend using Google Chrome or Chromium.